How to Drive Traffic to Your Website and Create High Conversion Rates
There are so many changes in technology, algorithms, and other changes that shape how digital marketers work. From SEO (search engine optimization) to SEM (search engine marketing), from simple websites to responsive websites, from http to https websites, and many other. Due to that, marketers are forced to constantly innovate new strategies to align with those changes and keep up with the fast-growing industry. Digital marketers attract traffic to websites in various ways, and the one that works the most is providing information to all possible questions.
Before going into detail on how to attract visitors, we need to understand the audience intentions. There are three main goals that visitors have when doing their searches. People search for different queries online to know about something, act on something (buy, sell, register, etc.) and to go somewhere. The best websites are the ones that manage to provide all the solutions in one visit.
Where’s the traffic coming from?
There are so many ways to attract visitors to your website. First way is through organic traffic, followed by referral traffic, and the lastly paid traffic. Organic traffic is the best, but require a lot of work and online interaction, therefore, might take longer to see the results. Paid traffic brings the quickest results (depending on how much a person is willing to spend on ads). The last one is referral traffic, which comes from different websites (external links). Referral traffic is like a “word of mouth” from other websites, where by other websites recommend your website on different topics.
How to drive traffic to your website:
There are so many ways to drive traffic to the website. Below are some helpful ways that proven to work for some time:
- Make sure your website is well optimized to rank for the right keywords and search queries.
- Social Media is playing a big role in driving traffic to the website nowadays more than anything.
- Link earning (link building) is a great way of attracting new clients to the website. This is the most misused strategy over the years. Due to that, link building strategy shifted the focus on the quality of links than quantity. Getting links from reliable sources will increase your website credibility and attract visitors to your website.
- Guest blog post: This is another way of earning links by providing valuable content.
- Blogs and web content to target different keywords and topics related to your niche.
- PPC and social ads to increase traffic and improve visibility for both new and established websites. It is also a great option to boost specific campaigns.
- Become expert on your niche (your website should be a go to place for niche) and have answers to difficult questions related to your services or products. (useful content includes images, videos, text, infographics, etc.)
- Add offline campaigns aligning with online campaign for maximum results. (direct mail marketing, brochures, podcasting, give lectures, etc.)
How to create high conversion rates
Now that we know different ways to attract traffic to the website, the million-dollar question is how to convert those visits, keeping visitors on your website longer, and convincing them to buy your products or services. This is when do-know-go become very important.
It is crucial for the website to have answers and solutions for different questions and needs. For example: A new parent might wonder why children cry for no reason. Depending on how your website is structured, this person might end up buying your products. See below for more details:
Know: Why do children cry for no reason? A new parent might be wondering about this topic and end up in your blog post about different reasons why children cry. In that blog, the user might click on the link that takes him/her to a page talking about how to comfort children and prevent excessive crying.
Do: Now the user know that his/her child might have a crying problem, they will start reading about ways to stop that behavior. In this case, every solution on your website have a link of different ideas, toys, pacifiers, and other children objects and reviews on how they helped other parents.
Go: The parent is aware of the problem, know the solution, and where to buy or get the service he or she need. This parent is more likely to purchase the product from your web page since your website provide the information that answered all the questions.
How to optimize the website for do-know-go?
Be sure your pages have the following:
- Information about the service or product (unique and resourceful)
- Clear call to action
- Assistance (live chat)
- Tell users why you are the best, and why they should call you and not your competitor
- Reviews: People need to know how other users feel about your services or products
- Certificates and awards to show you are the best in your industry.
Driving traffic to your website and improving conversion work hand in hand. Businesses need to invest in both to succeed in online marketing. Since all businesses aren’t the same, it is advised to spend some time on research and analytics to adjust campaigns based on what strategy works best.